Friday, May 13, 2011

A Light in the Darkness

I don't like walking around when it's dark.  I hear creaks and bumps in my house & I'll rush to turn on the light.  If I'm outside I feel like I'm being watched.  It's creepy.
Have you ever wondered why we feel more comfortable during the daylight instead of the darkness?

In the light it is easier to see where you're going.  In the light nothing is hidden.  The light gives us security the darkness tries to take away.

The bible talks a lot about light and darkness.  As Christians we are told to walk in the light.  To not know Jesus is to be living in darkness.  1 Thessalonians 5:5 says:  " You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." 

We were not supposed to be bothered by darkness.  When satan decided to do his own thing when he was in heaven is when the trouble started. I think that's what boggles my mind more than anything.  He was the most beautiful angel in heaven.  He was put in charge of worship, and I would imagine he hung out with God a lot.  His one major problem is that he wanted to be God.

In the book of Revelation it talks about the light coming from heaven as shadowless.  Meaning this light shines in all directions, and permiates everything. The light is God's holiness shining.  Can you imagine a shadowless light, it is hard for me to.

I want to be a child of light.  I want the light of Christ to shine through me.  I want people to not see me, but see Christ in me, and I want to help show other the miracle of Easter.

Lord Jesus, I love you and want to follow you.  I want to shine your light in the darkness of this world.  Use me Father to be a difference maker for your kingdom.  Draw me close to you and shine Your light in the dark places in my life.  Help me be a child of the light. I am so thankful for all my many blessings!  In Jesus name I pray, ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment