Monday, August 1, 2011

OK I'm up...

Today the Lord woke me up at 3am.  I don't remember what I was dreaming or even if I was.  All I know is that all of a sudden the refrain of the song, Waiting here for You is playing over and over in my mind...and good morning to me.   Usually when God wakes me up it's because I need to pray and meditate on Him.  Do I like waking up at 3?  Absolutely not, but when He wants me up, I'm up.  But why did He use this song, and why so early?

I do know the answer to that.  He wants to know where my focus lies.  He wants to know that no matter what I'm going to be looking to Him for everything; living a life fully surrendered.  Now let's be honest, God knows the answer to all these things before I even think them.  So in reality He's asking me to examine myself and see where I'm focused.  Am I being pulled away by all the silly little nothings; putting other things in front of my relationship with Him; when I've laid something at the foot of the cross, am I trying to pick it back up.  (something I really like to do...)

Focusing on God is can be easier at certain times.  I love going to church & I love worship.  You know why?  Because I can feel pressed down by life, but when I walk into church I become focused on my purpose.  I love worship because it takes my focus from myself and turns it to the One who knows me.  Now, I should be able to feel this way where ever I go because the Spirit of the Lord doesn't reside in a building.  He resides in me.  I carry my purpose with me, but I have a tendency to muddy it up and then it's not so clear what my purpose is.  But, then I remember to worship, pray, and put my focus back on Him; and the clarity returns.  The clarity that God loves me, wants to be in a relationship with me, and wants to guide my every step.

Thank you Lord for waking me up so I could focus on you.  Thank you for your Holy Spirit that guides me and fills me.  Lord, let there be more of you and less of me.  Let me walk in your ways and love like you do.  Lord, I praise you for not leaving me to do life on my own.  I love you Lord!  In Jesus name, ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment