Thursday, July 14, 2011

Forrest, I just wanted to tell you I love you...

My fam loves to quote movies.  Someone will randomly throw out a line of a movie in regular conversation & get everyone else to guess what movie it is from.  We love that game.  (It ranks right up there with guess that song.)  On my way home from church tonight this line kept creeping into my mind.  I was praying about some things on my heart & this is the line that I heard:  "Forrest, I just wanted to tell you I love you..."

Um, ok, thanks God.  I know you love me.  But then I heard, have you told others how much you love them.  Well, I show them I love them.  No, He said, that's not what I'm talking about, have you said it with your mouth.  Have you uttered the words I love you?  But they already know, I told God.  He told me to say it again.  Thank you God for the reminder, just as I want it said to me, I must say it to others...so here goes.  :)

To my family, I love you.  I love the way you make me laugh.  I love the what I see God calling you to be.  You are inspiring to me.  I'm so blessed that God put you in my life.  You are treasures and am so blessed to be part of our family, but I refuse to wear orange, it is not in my color wheel....  Movie, anyone?  Love you guys!

HK leaders & SideKicks, I love you.  Your dedication & faithful service to Jesus to impact the next generation is amazing.  You show the living Christ to kids and are willing to be His hands and feet.  I love serving with y'all & I love sharing my life with you.  HKSK, y'all rock!  To be your age & already feel God's call on your life, wow how incredible that you are willing to answer the call!  My prayer is that you follow Him always.

All my EL classmates...y'all are a bunch of crazy Jesus freaks & I love you!!!  Being with you on Thursday nights makes my week complete.  God is so good & knew I needed you. 

Amy J & Dillian J, thank you for looking into my heart & speaking truth into it no matter what I want to hear.  (and for making me cry on more than one occasion.)  I love for you pushing me out of my comfort zone & making me stretch in my service to Jesus.

To all my VH friends, I love you.  You have stood by me in good times & bad.  Through the years we have shared many things, and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I know I'm leaving out people, so if I am, know I love you.  I'm sure I'll dream about everyone I've left out...I'm a little weird like that.  :) 

Have you told others that you love them?  Don't wait to tell them.  It will make them feel good, and make you feel the peace of God in your heart. 

In Him,
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment