Thursday, March 3, 2011

Listening to the Music

First, I want to put a few disclaimers in before this week's devotion.
1.  I wish I could say I have the entire bible memorized, but I don't.  I love reading & studying the bible, and I know where a lot of scriptures are, but I also use a wonderful website called Biblegateway.com.  You have the bible at the tips of your fingers!  On the left side of the blog you will see a link.  Very cool site!
2.  When I get excited about things I will talk and talk and talk, or in this case write, and write, and write.  If I get long winded, please excuse me.  It's just that I'm passionate about things.  I'm working on being shorter and to the point.
3.  The bible is God's love letter to us.  To not read/study/cherish it is to tell God is love letter is not worth our time.  Like any person who sends a letter, He wants you to be excited to read it, and reread it often.  He wants it to be yellowed with constant use.

Whew, I feel better having said those few things...now, onto the devotion.  :)

I love music.  All different types too.  You know when you hear a song that you love it just makes you feel like you can fly.  I like to turn my speakers up loud & sing.  (I have to turn them up loud because I am going to have to wait until I get to heaven to get my perfected singing voice.)

For as much as I love music, I dislike commercials.  Especially on the radio.  A lot of times when a commercial comes on I will start to press the seek button on my radio.  (This mostly happens in the car, of which I spend a lot of time. :/)

A few weeks ago when I was flipping I came to a radio station & the song Grenade was playing & it says:

Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash.  
Tossed in the trash, yes you did. 
To give me all your love is all I'd ever ask.  
Cause, what you don't understand... is I'd catch a grenade for 'ya.  
Throw my hand on a blade for 'ya.  
Jump in front of a train for 'ya.  You know I'd do anything for 'ya.  
I would go through all this pain, take a bullet straight through my brain. 
Yes, I would die for you baby, but you won't do the same."  

For some reason, as I was listening to this song, I thought of Jesus.

I know that it may seem weird that Jesus would come to mind, but He did.  I started thinking of all the things He has done for me; what He went through for me, so I could talk to Him and He can be my best friend.  I know we talk about it, but have you ever really stopped and thought about what He went through?  The emotional and physical pain.  It's sobering.  All he has ever asked for is our love. He put aside all the glory of heaven, was born as a human baby, lived a complete human life, was beaten, bruised, and hung on a cross just so I won't be separated from Him. (Philippians 2:5:11)  And all he wants is my love?  WOW!  I know I'm getting the good part of this, but how many times have I taken the love He has offered and thrown it back in His face?  Every time I sin that is what I do...but, He is so wonderful!  Christ came and He forgives because He wants us all to be saved.  (John 3:16-17)  His love always brings me back. (Romans 2:4b; 2 Cor. 7:10)

Christ's love is the music of our spirit.  He wants you to turn Him up LOUD & SING with everything you have.  Christ wants you to love; hang-out with; talk to; worship; praise; and need Him.  He wants to be everything to you.  When you allow Him to be your everything, and you are listening to His song over your life, you will find there is no sweeter sound.


Tell someone about Jesus!  Tell them that if God had a refrigerator, their picture would be on it.  (That always makes me smile.)  Tell them that He already did everything for them, and all we need to do is ask Him to come into our lives and live in our hearts.  He wants all we are.  Listen for Christ's song over you this week.  Write down all the ways He has blessed you.  And don't forget to tell Him thank you for all He has done, is doing, and will do for you!


In Him,
~Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment