Sunday, February 20, 2011

Why This?

I contemplated starting this blog.  I already have A Measure of Joy and did I really want to start another blog?  Yes, I decided I did.  Each week I send out a devotion to the wonderful HK Sidekicks, 6th-8th graders, who serve in Highland's Kids.  I love these middle school kids they are incredible.  They have such a heart for service. I noticed that the messages I have been sending them have been helping me in my walk with God.  It's funny how God works in that way.  What you intent for someone else comes back and blesses you.  :)

I try to challenge the Sidekicks each week to share Christ's love with someone.  How would the world be different if I was willing to share Christ's love, out of my comfort zone and without hesitation.  Not worrying if they thought I was a little off my rocker, but what if that person looked at me & really saw Jesus instead.  It's a sobering thought.

I decided that if I felt encouraged by the words God was laying on my heart, you might too.  These messages are not complicated; I do not have a complicated faith.  I don't think He intended it to be complicated.  He wanted it to be freeing.  (2 Cor 3:17; Matthew 11:29-30)  As I have studied God's word I have grown more thankful for all that He has done for me.

I hope you will find blessing in it too, and it will draw you closer to Christ who loves you very much.

In Him,
~ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment